Social Security Benefits: Adult Education

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered on 17th November 2015.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Philip Davies Philip Davies Conservative, Shipley

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many people in receipt of (a) employment and support allowance and (b) jobseeker's allowance are taking adult education courses paid for by his Department.

Photo of Priti Patel Priti Patel Minister of State (Department for Work and Pensions)

Benefit claimants who receive Employment and Support Allowance in the work-related activity group or Jobseeker’s Allowance may be required to participate in activity to improve their skills as a condition of receiving benefit. This policy is known as Skills Conditionality. The latest DWP data on the number of claimants referred to skills-related support under this policy is also available on GOV.UK:

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.