Housing: Floods

Department for Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 17th November 2015.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Baroness Jones of Whitchurch Baroness Jones of Whitchurch Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs)

To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they will bring together key stakeholders in flood risk information with representatives of estate agents and property search websites to ensure people buying a property are given up-front information about its flood risk.

Photo of Baroness Williams of Trafford Baroness Williams of Trafford The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government

Potential buyers wishing to know whether a property has been flooded in the past can check with the local authority or Environment Agency.

Information relevant to flood risk is already available. An interactive map, which can not be attached to this answer, showing UK flood zones can be found on the Environment Agency’s website at:


Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.