Aviation: Training

Home Office written question – answered on 9th November 2015.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord Stevens of Kirkwhelpington Lord Stevens of Kirkwhelpington Crossbench

To ask Her Majesty’s Government what measures they are considering to allow flight training organisations based in the United Kingdom to train overseas student pilots for a professional pilot’s licence.

Photo of Lord Bates Lord Bates The Minister of State, Home Department

Flight training organisations can teach courses lasting up to six months to international students, under the short-term study visa route.

Alternatively, they may use the Tier 4 visa route where the course lasts longer than six months and they hold a Tier 4 sponsor licence. To qualify for a Tier 4 sponsor licence, an institution must have a track record of teaching UK or EEA students, and be teaching courses which meet Tier 4 requirements. To meet Tier 4 requirements, a course must lead to an approved qualification, as defined in the Tier 4 Guidance for Sponsors.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.