Germany: Thalidomide

Foreign and Commonwealth Office written question – answered on 3rd November 2015.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Jo Stevens Jo Stevens Labour, Cardiff Central

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, if he will make representations to the Federal Minister of Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth in the German government on meeting with the Thalidomide Trust's National Advisory Council on financial compensation for people with thalidomide.

Photo of David Lidington David Lidington The Minister for Europe

Following representations by the Government, senior representatives from the German government travelled to London to meet with the Trust in July. The Foreign and Commonwealth Office continues to provide support to the Thalidomide Trust’s National Advisory Council to enable them to further their dialogue with the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens and Youth, including through another meeting.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.