Social Security Benefits

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered on 2nd November 2015.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Drew Hendry Drew Hendry Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Transport)

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what steps he is taking to increase the uptake of (a) income support and (b) employment and support allowance by people who are eligible.

Photo of Priti Patel Priti Patel Minister of State (Department for Work and Pensions)

The Department does all it can to ensure that people are aware of the benefits to which they may be entitled and how to claim them, through its information providing services.

Advice is available in different languages and formats, and across multiple locations. In addition to Jobcentre Plus offices, these include local authorities, law centres, Citizens Advice, post offices, doctors’ surgeries, libraries, the internet, community groups, welfare rights groups, advice centres, and various voluntary organisations.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.