Department for Education: Travel

Department for Education written question – answered on 9th July 2015.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Tom Watson Tom Watson Labour, West Bromwich East

To ask the Secretary of State for Education, how many (a) civil servants and (b) special advisers in her Department are entitled to the use of a (i) car with a dedicated driver, (ii) car from the Government car pool and (iii) taxi ordered through a departmental account.

Photo of Nick Gibb Nick Gibb Minister of State (Education)

There are no civil servants or special advisers entitled to the use of (i) a car with a dedicated driver or (ii) a car from the government car pool.

Civil servants and special advisers are discouraged from using a taxi unless there are special circumstances.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.