Operation Stack is led by Kent police, with the support of all other emergency services, Highways England, Kent County Council, and many other key partners. Steps taken to mitigate the latest Calais disruption include:
- Providing additional resources to monitor the strategic and local network and to keep the agreed diversion routes clear.
- Agreed joint communications to inform customers of the current situation, including communications to keep freight on the M20 and within the Operation Stack phases.
- Identified, designed and implemented additional phases to Operation Stack as the situation has continued.
- Provided additional traffic management in Kent at roundabouts.
- Review and enhance the current Signs and Signal Policy relating to Operation Stack.