Domestic Violence: Alternatives to Prison

Ministry of Justice written question – answered on 30th June 2015.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Philip Davies Philip Davies Conservative, Shipley

To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what community programmes are available in lieu of prison sentences for (a) female and (b) gay or lesbian perpetrators of domestic violence; and if he will make a statement.

Photo of Caroline Dinenage Caroline Dinenage Minister for Equalities (Department for Education), The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Justice

The National Probation Service (NPS) and Community Rehabilitation Companies (CRCs) work with all offenders to address the factors associated with their offending, including factors associated with their violent behaviour. Depending on the individual offender’s needs, there are a wide range of services in the community to address their offending behaviour and the factors leading to offending. These include emotion management, treatment for substance misuse and mental health, relationship skills, dealing with own victimisation and stress management.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.