Marriage Certificates

Home Office written question – answered on 23rd June 2015.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Gloria De Piero Gloria De Piero Shadow Minister (Equalities Office) (Women and Equalities)

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, when she plans to publish plans for changes to marriage certificates to allow the names of both parents to be recorded.

Photo of James Brokenshire James Brokenshire Minister of State (Home Office) (Security and Immigration)

Holding answer received on 22 June 2015

To achieve this important update to marriage certificates it is likely that there will need to be changes to administrative processes, IT systems and legislation. When we have completed assessment of the options and their affordability we will bring forward proposals to introduce the necessary changes.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.