Children: Day Care

HM Treasury written question – answered on 23rd June 2015.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Sharon Hodgson Sharon Hodgson Shadow Minister (Equalities), Shadow Minister (Education)

To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what the expected time taken will be for people to register for tax free childcare as a result of being required to send their children's birth certificate to HM Revenue and Customs.

Photo of Damian Hinds Damian Hinds The Exchequer Secretary

Registering for Tax-Free Childcare will be straightforward for parents. Using a simple online system, parents will be asked to identify themselves and the child for whom the childcare account is being opened. In most cases, this information will be processed and checked automatically.

In a minority of cases, HMRC may need to check the child’s birth certificate. This process will be as efficient as possible to minimise any delay in the parent opening a childcare account.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.