Armed Forces: Council Tax

Department for Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 16th June 2015.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Michelle Donelan Michelle Donelan Conservative, Chippenham

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what council tax relief is available to members of the armed forces posted abroad who leave their homes vacant until their return.

Photo of Marcus Jones Marcus Jones Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Communities and Local Government) (Local Government)

The Ministry of Defence administers a council tax relief scheme which provides a lump-sum payment to service personnel who pay council tax for a property in the UK while they are on operational deployments overseas.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes7 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.