Social Services: Fees and Charges

Department of Health written question – answered on 16th June 2015.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Greg Mulholland Greg Mulholland Liberal Democrat, Leeds North West

To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what guidance his Department has issued to councils on transitioning from Fairer Charging Policies for Home Care and other non-residential social services to the Care and Support Statutory Guidance.

Photo of Alistair Burt Alistair Burt The Minister of State, Department of Health

The Care and Support Statutory (CASS) Guidance was published in October 2014. Section 23 of the Guidance covers the transition to the new legal framework and paragraphs 23.14 and 23.15 focus on issues for financial assessments. In addition, the Department has arranged for answers to the most frequently asked questions about the CASS Guidance to be published on the Local Government Association’s website.

However, the arrangements under the Care Act are broadly the same as those under the previous legislation. Local authorities design their own local charging policies in consultation with their local population for care outside a care home and have considerable discretion in the design of these policies.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.