Employment and Support Allowance

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered at on 26 March 2015.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Joan Walley Joan Walley Chair, Environmental Audit Committee, Chair, Environmental Audit Committee

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what training is provided to GPs and other healthcare professions on completing the ESA 50 form; and what steps his Department is taking to monitor and update that training.

Photo of Mark Harper Mark Harper Minister of State (Department for Work and Pensions) (Disabled People)

The ESA 50 is completed by claimants with help from a friend, relative, carer or representative such as a support worker if needed.


Therefore no training is required or provided to GPs and other healthcare professions on completing it.

Guidance and information for GPs and other healthcare professionals from the DWP can be found at:


Does this answer the above question?

Yes3 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.