Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Young People: Government Assistance

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered on 18th March 2015.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Jim Murphy Jim Murphy Labour, East Renfrewshire

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what financial support his Department provides to 18 and 19 year olds in employment who have never attended college or university.

Photo of Esther McVey Esther McVey Minister of State (Department for Work and Pensions)

18 and 19 year olds who are working fewer than 16 hours per week may be entitled to out of work benefits. In areas where Universal Credit has been rolled out, 18 and 19 year olds who are on a low income or out of work may be entitled to claim Universal Credit.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.