EU Grants and Loans

Department for Business, Innovation and Skills written question – answered on 11th March 2015.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Catherine McKinnell Catherine McKinnell Shadow Minister (Treasury)

To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, pursuant to the Answer of 25 February 2015 to Question 224801, who within managing authorities will make funding decisions; how local enterprise partnerships and other local partners will play an advisory role in respect of those decisions; and if he will make a statement.

Photo of Matthew Hancock Matthew Hancock Minister of State (Department for Business, Innovation and Skills), Minister of State for Portsmouth, The Minister of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change

Where funding decisions on European Structural and Investment Funds projects are made within the relevant Government Department or Non-Departmental Public Body designated as the Managing Authority for that Fund under Article 123 of the European Structural and Investment Funds Common Provision Regulation (Regulation 1303/2013), this will be done by suitably authorised officials. In England, for the European Regional Development Fund and the European Social Fund and part of the Rural Development Programme, these officials will be based in local growth teams across the country. Funding decisions have to be taken in accordance with the Operational Programmes. These have been drafted to take into account the local economic needs and priorities that have been identified by Local Enterprise Partnerships and other local partners, so local priorities are embedded into EU programmes and the funding decisions that will follow. Local partners will also be consulted on an ongoing basis via Local European Structural and Investment Fund Committees, with partners bringing local understanding, intelligence and advice to help inform project calls and funding decisions.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.