Veterans: Scotland

Ministry of Defence written question – answered on 6th March 2015.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Jim Murphy Jim Murphy Labour, East Renfrewshire

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what assistance his Department provides to people leaving the Armed Forces in Scotland to seek further training and qualifications upon leaving the Armed Forces.

Photo of Julian Brazier Julian Brazier The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence

In Lord Ashcroft's 2014 review of transition arrangements, he made clear that the measures which the Ministry of Defence (MOD) already have in place ensure that the vast majority of Service leavers make a successful transition to civilian life. Among many others, these measures include a resettlement and career package from the MOD-funded Career Transition Partnership and funding for nationally recognised qualifications through Enhanced Learning Credits which can be utilised up to 10 years post-discharge. These arrangements apply to all Service leavers, regardless of stationed location or residential address within the UK.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.