Asylum: Stockton on Tees

Home Office written question – answered on 6th March 2015.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Alex Cunningham Alex Cunningham Labour, Stockton North

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how much the Government is paying private landlords to house asylum seekers in Stockton-on-Tees local authority area.

Photo of James Brokenshire James Brokenshire Minister of State (Home Office) (Security and Immigration)

Holding answer received on 06 March 2015

The Government does not pay private landlords for accommodating asylum seekers

as there is no direct contractual relationship between the Home Office and

private landlords. Accommodation is provided through third party accommodation

providers under the COMPASS contracts. Accommodation in the Stockton-on-Tees

area is provided via a contract with G4S and the associated costs are regarded

as being commercially sensitive and are not available for disclosure.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.