Hearing Impairment

Department of Health written question – answered on 4th February 2015.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Roger Godsiff Roger Godsiff Labour, Birmingham, Hall Green

To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what steps he is taking to ensure that people with hearing loss are able to access audiology service regardless of where they live.

Photo of Norman Lamb Norman Lamb The Minister of State, Department of Health

Local commissioners are responsible for the provision of audiology services with the exception of a small number of specialised services which are commissioned nationally by NHS England. Commissioners should take into consideration assessments of local need and any relevant clinical guidance, which may include guidance from appropriate national bodies such as the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.