Universal Credit

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered on 29th January 2015.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Stephen Timms Stephen Timms Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions)

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what training has been given to staff working in universal credit service centres on dealing with the housing benefit component of universal credit.

Photo of Mark Harper Mark Harper Minister of State (Department for Work and Pensions) (Disabled People)

We provide housing guidance on Universal Credit, including the housing element to all staff. In addition we have specialist teams in place within our Service Centres to support the housing element aspects of Universal Credit. Staff on secondment from local authorities, with experience of administering housing benefit, are working within these teams, and provide further support.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.