Military Decorations

Ministry of Defence written question – answered on 22nd January 2015.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Hugh Robertson Hugh Robertson Conservative, Faversham and Mid Kent

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, pursuant to the Answer of 15 January 2015 to Question 220486, how Royal Navy and Army personnel who served with the UN High Commissioner for Refugees detachment in Sarajevo can claim the UN Special Service Medal.

Photo of Mark Francois Mark Francois The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence

Eligible Service personnel can no longer claim the UN Special Service Medal. The eligibility for this medal commenced on 3 July 1992 and ran until 12 January 1996. Applications for this medal could only be made within 12 months of leaving theatre.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.