The catering arrangements for personnel deployed on OP SHADER who are based at Akrotiri are set out below:
· from 8 August 2014, deployed personnel were fed three meals per day in the respective messes, there was no requirement for duty meals; then in addition to three daily mess meals:
· from 10 August 2014 personnel were provided with packed meals to eat while on duty;
· from 13 August 2014 a duty meal was provided between 2100 and 2300 in the Junior Ranks dining facility;
· since 21 October 2014 a duty meal has been provided at 2300 at the place of work.
On 4 December 2014, those deployed on OP SHADER had the following food choices:
· for breakfast from 0600 to 0830: a choice from an English-style breakfast, assorted cereals and milk;
· for lunch from 1230 to 1430: five hot meal options, a salad bar, a selection of sandwiches, assorted confectionary, hot and cold drinks;
· for dinner from 1630 to 1930: five hot meal options, seven side dishes, a salad bar, four desert options, assorted confectionary, hot and cold drinks;
· for the duty meal at 2300: at the place of work two or three hot options from the lunch or dinner menu, a choice of sandwiches, fruit, hot and cold drinks.
All of these meals are provided at Crown expense.