Between 2005 and 2010, the Department of Health funded the following:
- in 2008, Schools on the Move £500,000;
- in 2008, Step-O-Meter programme £290,000;
- in 2009, a Section 64 Grant of £1.8 million to Walk England for Active Challenge Routes;
- in 2009, the Department awarded £800,000 to deliver the Walking once a Week scheme, focusing on areas outside London with high levels of childhood obesity; and
- from 2008 to 2010, the Department funded £5.2 million for Walking for Health.
Between 2010 and 2014, the Department of Health funded the following:
- in 2013, we funded £1.2 million over two years, through Department for Transport, for five walking cities – Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds/Bradford, Norwich and Cambridge.