Terrorism: Northern Ireland

House of Lords written question – answered on 16th December 2014.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord Browne of Belmont Lord Browne of Belmont DUP

To ask Her Majesty’s Government what support services are currently available to victims and survivors of Northern Ireland-related acts of terrorism in Great Britain.

Photo of Lord Faulks Lord Faulks The Minister of State, Ministry of Justice

Individual victims and survivors of Northern Ireland related acts of terrorism who are resident in England and Wales are able to apply for funding from the Victims and Survivors Service (VSS) in Northern Ireland. The VSS is the main funder of victims’ groups in Northern Ireland and provides a tailored package to meet the individual needs of victims and survivors including counselling, physiotherapy and the purchase of equipment such as wheelchairs.

Scotland and Northern Ireland have their own devolved arrangements for supporting victims of crime.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.