Local Government: Motor Vehicles

Department for Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 16th December 2014.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Richard Burden Richard Burden Shadow Minister (Transport)

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what guidance his Department provides to local authorities on employee car travel policy.

Photo of Kris Hopkins Kris Hopkins The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government

Employment matters are ultimately a matter for councils as individual employers to determine.

Notwithstanding, in my Department’s best practice document, 50 ways to save, we observed how councils could save money by cutting mileage allowances back to the HMRC Approved Mileage rates, and revising terms and conditions where some employees could claim up to 25p per mile more than the HMRC rate.

This is best practice followed by my own Department.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.