Home Office written question – answered on 16th December 2014.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Christopher Chope Christopher Chope Conservative, Christchurch

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, for what reason people resident in England who wish to request a criminal record check on themselves must approach Disclosure Scotland rather than the Disclosure and Barring Service.

Photo of Karen Bradley Karen Bradley The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department

Holding answer received on 15 December 2014

Those resident in England and Wales may apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for standard or enhanced criminal record certificates. At present, basic certificates, which contain details only of unspent convictions, are provided by Disclosure Scotland for applicants in England and Wales. This service has been formally delegated to Disclosure Scotland by the DBS as

further changes are required to DBS technical systems to deliver the service.

It is intended to provide the service through the DBS in due course.

An individual may also make a Subject Access Request to their local police force under the Data Protection Act 1998 which will generate information held on police records.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.