Employment and Support Allowance

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered on 8th December 2014.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Stephen Timms Stephen Timms Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions)

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, in what circumstances claimants of employment and support allowance are permitted to retain their benefit while undertaking voluntary work.

Photo of Mark Harper Mark Harper Minister of State (Department for Work and Pensions) (Disabled People)

A person can do voluntary work as long as they do not receive any payment other than reasonable expenses. The work can be for a charitable or voluntary organisation, for example, or any other type of volunteering as long as it is not for a relative.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.