Islamic State

Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs written question – answered on 8th September 2014.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Andrew Rosindell Andrew Rosindell Conservative, Romford

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what consular assistance is available to UK nationals affected by Islamic State in Iraq.

Photo of Tobias Ellwood Tobias Ellwood The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office provides consular advice and assistance to British nationals overseas, including in Iraq. However, as we have made clear in our Travel Advice, the British embassy in Baghdad and the British Consulate-General in Erbil are able to offer limited consular assistance only. British nationals travelling to Iraq should regularly check the Travel Advice for the most up to date country specific information. If a British national is in need of assistance they should contact the British Embassy in Baghdad or British Consulate in Erbil.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.