Universal Credit

Work and Pensions written question – answered on 21st July 2014.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Andrew Love Andrew Love Labour, Edmonton

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what information is required by his Department to allow the payment of universal credit into a credit union account; and if he will make a statement.

Photo of Esther McVey Esther McVey Minister of State (Department for Work and Pensions)

Universal credit can currently be paid into a credit union current account and claimants would need to provide an individual account number and sort code. We plan to be in a position to make UC payments into any type of credit union account at a future date.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.