Diplomatic Service: Children

House of Lords written question – answered on 21st July 2014.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord Storey Lord Storey Liberal Democrat

To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they currently pay for the children of ambassadors and embassy staff to attend international schools.

Photo of Baroness Warsi Baroness Warsi Senior Minister of State (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (Jointly with the Department for Communities and Local Government), Senior Minister of State (Department for Communities and Local Government) (Faith and Communities) (also in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office)

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) meets the costs of suitable schooling, including international schools, to help staff of all grades who take up overseas postings to meet their legal obligation to ensure that their children receive an education. Types of school attended by the children of staff vary by country of posting and the availability of places.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.