Unemployed People: Social Rented Housing

Work and Pensions written question – answered on 27th March 2014.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Stephen Timms Stephen Timms Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions)

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what proposals he has to tackle worklessness among social housing tenants.

Photo of Esther McVey Esther McVey The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions

Jobcentre Plus provides personalised support to help all unemployed people, including social housing tenants, into work. If claimants are at risk of long term unemployment, they are referred to tailored help offered by the Work programme.

Where Jobcentre Plus district managers identify gaps in skills or other provision they have discretion to work with partner organisations, like social landlords, to support the provision of extra help to meet particular needs.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.