Construction: Cabling

House of Lords written question – answered on 27th March 2014.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Baroness Masham of Ilton Baroness Masham of Ilton Crossbench

To ask Her Majesty’s Government what regulation exists in respect of unsafe cabling being imported into the United Kingdom for use in construction projects.

Photo of Viscount Younger of Leckie Viscount Younger of Leckie The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills

Cabling is considered to be electrical equipment and aspects of safety are regulated by the Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations which transpose European Directive 2006/95/EC relating to electrical equipment designed for use within certain voltage limits. Enforcement is the responsibility of the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) with regard to business products and Trading Standards Services for consumer products.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.