Education written question – answered on 6th March 2014.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Brian H Donohoe Brian H Donohoe Labour, Central Ayrshire

To ask the Secretary of State for Education what steps his Department takes to monitor the value of land sold off by academies.

Photo of Edward Timpson Edward Timpson The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Education

Academy trusts must apply for consent from the Secretary of State to dispose of land. The application process involves following guidance and supplying information as set out on the Department for Education's website:

One of the requirements is for the academy trust to ensure it maximises receipt value in order to reinvest in its estate, including obtaining a valuation by the district valuation officer. The estimated value of the receipt is one of the factors taken into account when considering whether to grant consent for the disposal.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.