Land Drainage

Environment Food and Rural Affairs written question – answered on 5th March 2014.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Chris Ruane Chris Ruane Labour, Vale of Clwyd

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs which organisations are responsible for the ownership and maintenance of sustainable drainage systems.

Photo of Dan Rogerson Dan Rogerson The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

A sustainable drainage system (SuDS) may be owned by a variety of organisations. Maintenance responsibility is determined by the ownership and the specific circumstances of the individual SuDS.

Schedule 3 of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010 introduces a SuDS approving body (SAB) in each English county or unitary authority to maintain approved SuDS serving more than one property. The necessary secondary legislation will be laid shortly.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.