European Defence Agency

Defence written question – answered on 4th March 2014.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Peter Luff Peter Luff Conservative, Mid Worcestershire

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence pursuant to the answer of 10 February 2014, Official Report, column 698W, on European Defence Agency, whether staff of the European Defence Agency paid out of the functional element of its budget perform any roles in the delivery or project management of (a) pooling and sharing and (b) other projects delivered by the agency; and what estimate he has made of the proportion of the functional budget spent on any such activity.

Photo of Andrew Murrison Andrew Murrison The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence

Approximately 70% of the European Defence Agency personnel could be called upon to support the delivery of activities for the common benefit of all participating member states; the remaining 30% are in managerial or support roles. It would not be feasible for the UK to estimate the cost of the agency's facilitation time, which will be depend upon a variety of factors such as the type of activity and the level of participation from member states.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.