Official Hospitality

Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 12th February 2014.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Hilary Benn Hilary Benn Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government if he will place in the Library details of all transactions recorded by his Department under the Catering and Hospitality expenses types in the calendar year 2013 including (a) copies of invoices and (b) proof of payment, including date of payment.

Photo of Brandon Lewis Brandon Lewis The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Communities and Local Government

holding answer 11 February 2014

I am placing in the Library of the House, a copy of the recent letter by the permanent secretary to the right hon. Member in response to his letter on the issue of recorded catering and hospitality spending. It notes how the recent media claims on this issue were incorrect and based on factually. inaccurate research. A detailed and accurate listing of our spending is available on our website.

The right hon. Member may wish to encourage his researchers and/or the Labour party to take up an Excel training course from Parliamentary ICT Training to avoid future mistakes and spurious claims.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.