Employment Schemes: Disability

Work and Pensions written question – answered on 12th February 2014.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Kate Green Kate Green Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions)

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

(1) when he intends to respond to the July 2013 report of the Independent Advisory Panel which reported to Ministers on the future provision of residential training for disabled individuals in July 2013;

(2) what assessment his Department has made of the effect of reducing support for training disabled people at specialist residential training colleges.

Photo of Paul Maynard Paul Maynard Conservative, Blackpool North and Cleveleys

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what progress his Department has made in exploring options for residential training for disabled people; and if he will make a statement.

Photo of Mike Penning Mike Penning The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions

We are currently exploring options to improve this provision for our customers and will work closely with the nine Residential Training Colleges who currently deliver this provision. We will publish our response to the Independent Advisory Panel report in due course.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.