Housing Benefit: Social Rented Housing

Work and Pensions written question – answered on 14th January 2014.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of John Healey John Healey Labour, Wentworth and Dearne

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions with reference to the publication of Housing Benefit bulletin U1/2014: removal of the spare room subsidy on 9 January 2014, what steps he will take to ensure those who have been charged in error are reimbursed.

Photo of Esther McVey Esther McVey The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions

Local authorities are responsible for administering housing benefit. The guidance issued by the Department sets out the action local authorities should take and advises that affected cases should be reimbursed.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.