Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Housing Benefit

Work and Pensions written question – answered on 10th December 2013.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Karen Buck Karen Buck Labour, Westminster North

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

(1) if he will rank each English local authority by the percentage change in the number of housing benefit and local housing allowance claims from April 2010 to April 2013;

(2) if he will rank each English local authority by the (a) number of and (b) percentage change in claims for housing benefit and local housing allowance made by people in work between April 2010 and April 2013.

Photo of Steve Webb Steve Webb The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions

The information requested in relation to housing benefit (HB) claimants will be placed in the House of Commons Library.

The economic status of all HB recipients is not available and could be provided only at disproportionate cost.

The information requested is only available for HB recipients whose claim is not passported: that is for those who do not receive either income support, jobseeker's allowance (income-based), employment and support allowance (income-based), or pension credit (guaranteed credit). This information has been included in the tables provided.

Detailed statistics on housing benefit and local housing allowance can be found at:

Guidance on how to extract the information required can be found at:

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.