We need your support to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can continue to hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Armed Forces

Defence written question – answered on 11th September 2013.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Russell Brown Russell Brown Shadow Minister (Defence)

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what financial support is currently offered to service personnel who leave the (a) Royal Navy, (b) Royal Air Force and (c) British Army; and what the total cost of that support has been in the last three years.

Photo of Mark Francois Mark Francois The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence

There are many types of financial support available to service personnel who leave the armed forces but this depends on the reason for their departure. As an example, financial support may be payable from the Armed Forces Pension Scheme (AFPS), the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS) or the War Disablement Pension. In addition there are a variety of grants (eg Resettlement Grant). All of these operate on a tri-service basis. The total expenditure on the AFPS and AFCS for each of the last three financial years is available at the following link:


Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.