Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 11th September 2013.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lyn Brown Lyn Brown Opposition Whip (Commons)

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government what information his Department holds on the proportion of funding transferred from the Department of Health to his Department for purposes of improving public health which is being spent on (a) leisure provision, (b) housing, (c) anti-social behaviour and (d) improving the environment.

Photo of Brandon Lewis Brandon Lewis The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Communities and Local Government

The Department of Communities and Local Government does not hold this information. The ring-fenced Public Health Grant is transferred from the Department of Health to local authorities and the allocation covers both services mandated through regulation and all other services that local authorities may wish to commission locally. It is left for local authorities to decide what proportion of spending should be devoted to different services.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.