Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Disciplinary Proceedings

Home Department written question – answered on 10th September 2013.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Tom Watson Tom Watson Labour, West Bromwich East

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what her policy is on centrally-recording details of disciplinary cases affecting (a) her Department and (b) its agencies.

Photo of James Brokenshire James Brokenshire The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department

Discipline cases for the Home Office and Her Majesty's Passport Office are recorded by the Home Office Shared Service Centre (SSC), which is operated by the Ministry of Justice (MOJ).

The Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) is required to maintain records of all public complaints and conduct cases and provide annual returns to their governing bodies, which are then published in the public domain.

The scope of the MOJ SSC service does not cover the other Home Office Executive agencies, who are responsible for keeping local records.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.