We need your support to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can continue to hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder


Defence written question – answered on 18th July 2013.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Guto Bebb Guto Bebb Conservative, Aberconwy

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence whether his Department provides services to people resident in Wales or usually resident in Wales.

Photo of Mark Francois Mark Francois The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence

The Ministry of Defence does not normally provide services separately to people resident in Wales or usually resident in Wales. However, in line with Military Assistance to the Civil Authority (MACA) principles, Defence can provide assistance to other Government Departments or devolved Administrations to help to deal with situations that are beyond the capability or capacity of the civil authorities, e.g. in the event of severe flooding.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.