We need your support to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can continue to hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Moira Wallace

Cabinet Office written question – answered on 18th July 2013.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of John Robertson John Robertson Labour, Glasgow North West

To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office pursuant to the answer of 11 July 2013, Official Report, column 403W, on Moira Wallace

(1) what assessment has been made of how long it will take for the costs of Miss Wallace's severance payment to be recouped;

(2) what procedure is in place to allow his Department and HM Treasury to agree on severance payments to civil servants;

(3) if he will list the specific rules in the reformed Civil Service Compensation Scheme that Miss Wallace's severance payment was judged against;

(4) what criteria is used in the Civil Service Compensation Scheme to decide on a permissible severance deal;

(5) what provision there is for clawback of money if an individual has already accepted another form of employment, outside of the civil service, when they leave their position.

Photo of Francis Maude Francis Maude The Paymaster General and Minister for the Cabinet Office

The terms of exit schemes made under the reformed Civil Service Compensation Scheme are approved by Cabinet Office, in consultation with the Treasury where necessary, under the spending controls regime operated by the Cabinet Office.

The exit package for the former Permanent Secretary at the Department of Energy and Climate Change was within the rules of Section 12 of the reformed Civil Service Compensation Scheme. The scheme was laid before Parliament in December 2010 and copies are available in the Library of the House.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.