Transport written question – answered on 17th June 2013.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Seema Malhotra Seema Malhotra Labour, Feltham and Heston

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport if he will make it his policy to vary the degree of separation between cycle lanes and motor vehicle lanes according to the speed limit applied in an area.

Photo of Stephen Hammond Stephen Hammond The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Transport

Local highway authorities are responsible for the design of their networks, including cycle facilities such as cycle lanes and crossings. The Department provides comprehensive good practice guidance on road design to help them in this, for example, in “Local Transport Note 2/08; Cycle infrastructure Design”.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No11 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.