Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Social Services: Kent

Health written question – answered on 25th February 2013.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Tracey Crouch Tracey Crouch Conservative, Chatham and Aylesford

To ask the Secretary of State for Health how many and what proportion of adults are receiving social care in (a) Kent, (b) Medway and (c) Chatham and Aylesford constituency.

Photo of Norman Lamb Norman Lamb The Minister of State, Department of Health

The number of adults receiving social care is collected by the health and social care information centre (HSCIC) as part of the referrals, assessments and packages of care (RAP) return. However, we are unable to provide data on the number of service users in Chatham and Aylesford as data are not collected at constituency level. Both Kent and Medway are local authority areas for which we are able to supply data.

Table 1 shows the number of and proportion of adults receiving social care in Kent and Medway local authority social service departments in 2011-12. Proportions of adults receiving social care are supplied as a percentage of all adults living within each area according to latest Office for National Statistics (ONS) population estimates.

Table 1: Number and proportion of adults receiving social care in Kent and Medway, 2011-12
  Number Proportion (expressed as a percentage)
Kent 42,820 3.7
Medway 6,195 3.0
Sources: RAP P1 proforma, HSCIC and ONS mid-year population estimates.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.