Social Security Benefits: Hyperactivity

Work and Pensions written question – answered on 10th January 2013.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Gordon Banks Gordon Banks Labour, Ochil and South Perthshire

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what advice on benefits his Department provides to people diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder or their parents when first diagnosed.

Photo of Mark Hoban Mark Hoban The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions

In the main benefit, entitlement is not linked to a particular disorder. As a result we do not generally offer benefit advice on specific disorders/conditions, but we routinely signpost people to benefit information, including information available online via the website. This would include information on disability living allowance for both adults and children. We also provide our staff with awareness in relation to hidden impairments such as ADHD, so that they are sensitive to accessibility and signposting needs.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.