Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs written question – answered on 19th October 2012.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Chris Kelly Chris Kelly Conservative, Dudley South

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what external policy research his Department has commissioned in each of the last six years; from which organisation each such piece of research was commissioned; and what the cost of each such piece of research was.

Photo of David Lidington David Lidington The Minister for Europe

Research in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) is primarily undertaken by our in-house Research Analysts. In line with its commitment to open policy making, the FCO also commissions some external research from a range of organisations and businesses in the UK and through our Posts overseas. This is funded from devolved Departmental and Post budgets. As potentially relevant data are not held centrally, a full list of commissions for the last six years could only be provided at disproportionate cost.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.