Health written question – answered on 19th October 2012.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Chris Kelly Chris Kelly Conservative, Dudley South

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what external policy research his Department has commissioned in each of the last six years; from which organisation each such piece of research was commissioned; and what the cost of each such piece of research was.

Photo of Daniel Poulter Daniel Poulter The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health

The Department's Policy Research Programme (PRP) funds research in three main ways:

(i) long-term programmes of research in academic policy research units, designed to meet the longer-term research needs of the Department as well as to provide rapid response functions;

(ii) large-scale initiatives, comprising linked groups of studies, providing a range of empirical evidence on a key policy area or issue; and

(iii) single projects and literature or scoping reviews. PRP research is usually commissioned by open competitive tender.

A list of PRP-funded research starting between April 2006 and September 2012 has been placed in the Library.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.