Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder


International Development written question – answered on 19th October 2012.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Alex Cunningham Alex Cunningham Labour, Stockton North

To ask the Secretary of State for International Development what steps she has taken to ensure that UK international development aid is not channelled through the Burmese Government's Ministry for Border Affairs.

Photo of Alan Duncan Alan Duncan The Minister of State, Department for International Development

No UK aid is provided through Burma's central Government. UK aid to Burma is provided through United Nations organisations, trusted international and local non-government organisations and, where circumstances allow, at local government township level. Strict spending controls are in place to ensure that UK funding is properly channelled and accounted for.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.