Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Holiday Accommodation

Culture Media and Sport written question – answered on 19th October 2012.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Dan Jarvis Dan Jarvis Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport)

To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Olympics, Media and Sport what her latest estimate is of the use by overseas visitors of self-catering holiday accommodation in the UK in each of the last two years; and what her Department's estimate is of such usage for the next three years.

Photo of Hugh Robertson Hugh Robertson The Minister of State, Department for Culture, Media and Sport

The Department does not record this information. The Office for National Statistics International Passenger Survey (IPS) provides the main source of data on accommodation type used by overseas visitors, which can be found at the following link: visitorstatistics/regions/regionalspread.aspx

The IPS does not have a category specifically for ‘self-catering’; most inbound visitors who are self-catering will fall into the ‘other’ category. However, those who selected ‘own home’ or ‘camping/mobile home’ may also capture ‘self-catering’.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.